Aaron was born and raised in Western Oregon and started skiing as a kid. After being introduced to backcountry skiing, he started climbing and skiing the Cascade Volcanoes to prolong the ski season. He has climbed and skied most of the Cascades from Mt. Rainier to Mt. Lassen. He is also an active member of Deschutes County Search and Rescue, and works as a trip leader and instructor in the Outdoor Program at Oregon State University.
- AMGA Apprentice Rock Guide
- AMGA Ski Guide
- Completed American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education courses:
- Completed American Avalanche Institute courses:
- Level 3 certification / Pro 2 equivalent
- Wilderness First Responder